Please refer to the video upload instruction from IEEE.tv below. The deadline for upload your video is 23 October 2020.
Esteemed colleagues, we are excited by the prospect of staging ICIEA 2020 as a virtual event, and we have leveraged the resources of IEEE.tv to help us move all of the content for the conference into an easily navigable online platform.
Now we need your help to meet the challenge of creating a virtual event that meets the needs of attendees, authors and other presenters.
Please carefully carefully read the information below. We will keep the instruction as brief as possible to help you successfully submit all of the necessary content to support your contribution to the ICIEA Virt!
1. PPT Slide Deck: Attached you will see a PPT file to use as a template for the first slide of your presentation. This template includes a placeholder for the title of the presentation, paper number, and a placeholder for a photo of the presenter/author. Once you have customized this slide with your specific information and photo, please add it as the first slide of your presentation PPT deck. This is important to ensure your presentation can be easily identified.
2. Video Self-recording requirements: For recording, it is our suggestion that you use Zoom.us, but you can use any method that will allow you to deliver a 720p or 1080p, .mp4 video file that is under 500MB file size. The video length should not be more than 20 minutes.
3. Recording Tips: Use this link for basic Zoom.us guidance. https://ieeetv.ieee.org/ieeetv-specials/recording-your-presentation-with-zoom? If you aren’t using Zoom, don’t worry, most of the recommendations will work with any application you choose. Here are a few more pointers to make this recording the best it can be:
o Connect to the Internet with a wired Ethernet connection. This will give you much greater quality and performance.
o Check video recording quality settings and assure it is set to 1080p or 720p resolution. Depending on your computer and camera, this may require adjusting the settings for the camera in your OS, but start with the settings within Zoom (or whichever application you are using).
o A laptop or desktop computer is preferred over a Smartphone or tablet. Though we have seen successful presentations delivered via tablet device.
o Don’t be outside. Wind and background noise make your device’s microphone adjust and your voice may sound muffled.
o Do not run any other programs while using Zoom (or other video conferencing application). Close all unnecessary applications before launching your zoom session so all processing power can be used to maximize video and audio quality.
o Pay attention to your on-camera background. Too much light behind you and you appear to be only a dark figure. Also, don’t have anything behind you that may be distracting to those who are on the other side.
o Make sure you have a good source of light falling on your face (facing an exterior window is excellent) from behind the camera..
o Pay attention to your attire. Don’t wear stripes or anything too bright. Solid colors are best.
conference will be here before you know it and we want to make sure we have
your video in place for your review and approval so that it is ready for
attendees when the virtual doors open, so please complete this as early as
possible. We will be happy to receive your video tomorrow, if you’re ready to
send it! Don’t delay, send as early as you can.
Please make sure the video you recorded is ready for playback at the conference. There will not be an opportunity to perform any editing on the videos once they have been uploaded to IEEE.tv. After recording and quality checking your own video, please deliver the .mp4 video file according to the instructions below:
· Follow this link: https://ieeetv.ieee.org/forms/program_deployment
· Follow the instructions to Sign In with your IEEE Account or create a free account.
· In the online form, add the information in the fields according to this guide:
o Program title: 0000 (your ICIEA paper number)
o Producer: NAME OF PRIMARY AUTHOR
o E-mail: EMAIL ADDRESS FOR FOLLOW UP AND CONFIRMATION
o Phone: PHONE NUMBER FOR FOLLOW UP AND INFORMATION
§ —Skip Society & Department tagging—
o IEEE.tv Series Type: Select “IEEE.tv Specials”
§ —Skip “Production type”—
o Short Overview: Paste the paper’s title and author(s) in this box.
o Long Description: Paste the abstract and other descriptive text in this box.
§ —Skip “Keywords”—
§ —Skip “External link URLs”—
§ —Skip “Additional information”—
· Upload Video: Drag and drop your finalized video file (under 500MB) to the “drag & drop” target, or click the “UPLOAD” button and navigate to the file’s location on your system. When you see the word “COMPLETED” below the blue “thermometer bar” you can click the blue “SUBMIT” button.
PPT Slide Deck Submission: After up uploading your video please send your complete slide deck, including the new title page, as an attachment, along with any other documentation to: IEEEtv@ieee.org . Use the subject line (starting with the paper number): 0000, ICIEA on IEEE.tv.
If you are having trouble uploading, please confirm that your file is under 500MB, then send an email to IEEEtv@ieee.org with the subject line: URGENT ICIEA UPLOAD ISSUE.
If you find that your slide deck is too large to send in email, please upload it to: https://spaces.hightail.com/uplink/IEEEtvLargeFiles