1. Special Session on Future Robotics Technologies and Applications
Organizers: Jingbing Zhang, Zhengguo Li
Robots are revolutionizing manufacturing, healthcare, logistics, agriculture, or even home. The rise of robots has created a big gap for robotics talent and stimulated great interests in robotics research from both academia and industries. With the accumulation of practical experience, technology advances, and the wide spread applications, the development of robots in the future will be more intelligent, connected, collaborative, and autonomously mobile. The objective of this session is to provide a forum for researchers to discuss and disseminate r¬¬esearch work related to emerging technologies that are defining future robotics. Original innovative research papers addressing the following four technology areas and their potential applications are invited:
• Robotic intelligence: research focused on enhancing the intelligence of future robots, such as robotic learning, robotic 3D vision, robotic autonomous decision-making, robotic inference mechanism
• Robot-human collaboration: research focused on increasing the collaborative capabilities of future robots, such as natural language processing, haptic technology, safety assurance, mixed reality for robotics, end of arm tooling
• Robotic digital connectivity: research focused on increasing the digital connectivity of future robots, such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, LTE, 5G, Internet of things, cloud and edge computing
• Robotic mobility: research focused on increasing the mobility of future robots, such as natural navigation, ambience sensing and information fusion, SLAM, collision detection and avoidance
Research papers with proper consideration for practical applications, e.g., in the form of simulation models, prototypes, and/or with industrial collaboration partnership will be considered favorably for acceptance.